With nearly 43 million visitors in 2016, Las Vegas continues to be the world’s most desirable destination for leisure and business travel. Las Vegas offers something for all visitors, including an impressive combination of entertainment, shopping, nightlife, dining and special events.
Serviced by the McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas is just a few hours away from every major city in the U.S. and Canada, and just a short drive from your major population centers in Southwestern United States.
- With more than 900 daily flights in and out of Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport is the seventh busiest airport in the United States and North America.
- More than 42.9 million visitors came to Vegas in 2016.
- There are nearly 150,000 hotel rooms located within 5 miles of the airport.
- Seventeen of the 20 biggest hotels in the U.S. are in Las Vegas.
- The U.S. national average hotel occupancy is 65.5%; Las Vegas' average hotel occupancy is 90.8%.
- In 2016, the average nightly room rate was $126.
- The average age of a Vegas tourist is 47.7.
*Sources: lvcva.com, lasvegas.com